Browsing: Saving Money on Prescription Drugs

Ask Your Doctor for Prescription Samples

To help you save money on your prescriptions while your at your doctors office ask the doctor if he has samples of the medication you need. Almost all doctors have tons of samples given to them by drug suppliers. If they do not have any samples often they have coupons for the medication.

My doctor gives me 3 months supply of my blood pressure medication every time I see him. This has saved me hundreds of dollars. Often if my doctor does not have any samples on hand he will call the drug representative and request they send samples, within a few days I can pick up the samples.

It is well worth it for you to talk to your doctor about getting samples. These samples do not cost the doctors anything, they are to help patients who have limited budgets.

By Lisa

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Medications are SO expensive! Going into the winter, we usually are faced with more doctor bills than in the summer. Many insurance companies have gotten stiffer about paying for medications than in the past. One thing that helps this is to request free samples from your doctor. They usually have them in abundance and most are more than happy to provide you with some if you ask!

By Robin

hello

I have heard if you are taking a certain amt. of mg. of

certain meds--ask your dr. if you can get waivers

for them---depends on your incomes. Worth checking

out!

Also, find out the names of the companies making them

and go to their websites---sometimes there are links

there to see if you qualify for reduced or free meds, depending on your incomes. Worth a try! Annie

It is also within your rights to request your MD perscribe medicine that is the cheapest, like the $4 medicine at Walmart, Krogers ans KMart. You can get a list from whatever place you get your medicines from and take it to the MD visit. Your MD will prescribe from your list in most cases. You can save well over even the price your insurance company can purchase the meds for. Don't be shy. The MD will know you are interested in your care.

Recycling Prescription Bottles, Prescription Bottles on White Background
Saving Money on Prescription Drugs
Budget & Finance HealthcareMay 21, 2004
Crafts Using Fabric SamplesFabric Sample Quilt
Crafts Using Fabric Samples
Sample Sized Beauty Items
Using Beauty Samples
A photo of all the different actor's who played Doctor Who.
Making a Doctor Who Costume
Perfume Sample Bottles
Using Perfume Samples
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 27, 2016 at 2:11:51 AM on 10.0.0.171 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.