Hey, Lets Talk About Cleaning

I would like to tell what really works for me in a busy schedule. I clean for 1 hour. I do not answer the phone are door. I do this daily. You would not believe what you can get done in this short period of time. One more tip on this. I use the timer on my microwave to time myself.

Autumn from MO

Best thing I ever learned about cleaning (since I tend to be a little obsessive!) is www.flylady.net. She has taught me that I can do everything in 15 minutes!

What a great idea! I work too and found that if I set aside a certain day of the week for a certain room (I double up the bedrooms) to be cleaned by me, then by Saturday my entire house is clean. I'm a morning person, so I save picking up, putting away, etc. for in the morning while my hair dries. I usually do a once-around the house, it takes about 15 minutes to get everything put away, beds made, etc. and then I come home to a clean house each night.

Thanks for sharing your tip - I might just try it out and see how I like it.

tHIS IS A GREAT IDEA! I should try this....usually I try to do everything and spend so much time and get so tired and burnt out :-(

I love it... when my kids was little, I would watch my favorite tv shows and play with the kids. Then when a comerial came on I would get up and run like mad and clean. There are usually 5 min of comerials at a time.. Thats how I cleaned my house, had lunch for the kids and supper ready for my husband by 5. hahahaha. What good memories.

What I do is try and do a couple of jobs each day, like hoover upstairs one morning, downstairs another, clean the bathrooms, ironing, dusting, washing , this works for me and I can fit it in with working part time and also get a bit of spare time for myself.

I usually clean a little, take a break, then go back and do more. This really helped me when cleaning my dd's bedroom (couldnt see her floor, literaly). I got most of it done in a day. She helped a little when she got home from kindergarten. I have been working on decluttering, and do a little cleaning of file cabinet and computer desk while waiting for pages to load.

Autumn, do you have a peticular plan or way you do the cleaning or do you just start at one end of the house and go until the hour is up? And then pick up where you left off the next day? I like this one hour concept. There always seems to be so much to do and I get easily distracted. If I head in another room for any reason, I'm liable to start a whole 'nother project and totally forget what I was doing before I got there! I tend to have alot of things started and not many finished and I seem to create more clutter than I started with!

My best results in cleaning is to put a note on the fridge and it said "mom needs help with ...". i put some small chores like fill the ice trays, vacumm, dishes, trash and so on, with a monday thru sunday check list. You would be suprised to see how many chores get done when they know mom needs help.

Home and Garden Cleaning TipsSeptember 5, 2006
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Couple Negotiating With Creditor
Negotiating With Creditors
Frame art made of the letters that spell the word "love".
Making "Love" Letters Framed Art
android phone
Walmart's Straight Talk Cell Phone Plan Reviews
🎄