Wildlife: Goose Prints (Long Island, NY)

I just love the beach. I love the sights and sounds of the ocean, and even more so I love venturing on the beach and exploring the images that are left behind in the sand.

This one day a single set of imprints caught my attention. I couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness for this lonely creature, as it had me reflect on my own life and how I was feeling that day.

I began to photograph and as I continue to photograph I found more and more imprints in the sand. It was then I realized this bird though may have started out alone, did not end up alone. There ahead of me were a gathering of geese.

Reflecting back on that day, I now realize there were lessons to be learned that day.

1. That if you spend so much time with your head down, you may miss what lies ahead of you.

2. That if you can walk with a purpose in mind, you will never be alone.

3. Nature and all its beauty does have so much to teach us.

By Silli Ole Me =0)

Well-put, and your TF username is funny. I like funny. :D

Oh thank you~~!

I don't get around as easily as I would like to & so when I do venture out my camera is always by my side, some people carry guns in their holster. I carry a camera, my motto is, it is always better to flash em than shoot em. =0]

Photos WildlifeApril 26, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Roast Goose Recipes
Roast Goose Recipes
Animal Print Heels
Wearing Animal Prints
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife