Homemade Bath Bombs Do Not Fizz

Hi again. Well I made the homemade bath bombs, but they are not fizzy. Here are the ingredients I used: 1 part citric acid, 2 parts bicarbonate of soda, colour, and essential oil (a few drops), also 1 part Epsom salts. The problem is they are crumbly and breaking up. I have left them over 24hrs now and still the same. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Helen xx

By Helen from U.K

Go to soapqueen.com she has videos where you can learn how to make "Bath Bombs". I never heard of using Epsom salt in bath bombs before. Have fun.

I don't know anything about bath bombs, but if you are mixing citric acid and bicarbonate of soda, you should be getting a chemical reaction, fizzing. When you pop them in water, that is. What is holding these things together?

Basket of Bath Bombs
Making Bath Bombs
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes BathAugust 15, 2010
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent