Washable Cloth Nappies

I made all my daughters nappies from old t-shirts, towels, or off cuts of flannel fabric. They all close with Velcro. As she's is now potty trained, I'm making training pants from fleece fabric. I'm sorry I have no pictures to post. I just drew out the pattern and I'm now selling them to friends and by word of mouth. As a single parent of 2, this was my best money saving thing I have done.

By Ruth from UK

Editor's Note: Ruth posted this a while back but has just sent us a photo so we thought we would update the post.

A wonderful idea! Good for the environment as well as your purse. Hope you get rich from your idea.

Oh, Ruth! How I wish more mothers would do this! Disposables are just money down the drain. I think you're marvelous!

--- Coreen

I have a lot of flannel receiving blankets, some old towels, lots of t-shirts, and some old sweaters, (not wool). I have no sewing experience, but I do have access to a sewing machine. I would love to make all of my diapers that my grandson will use when he arrives any day now. Do you have any advice that you will share with me on how to make diapers for him? I don't want to make the all in one diapers. I cloth diapered my two children in 1976 thru potty training, and another child in 1979 thru potty training. I used the "old fashioned" cloth diapers that were really long, and I had to fold them. I cannot remember HOW I even folded them for my girls! I folded so many then that I can't believe I could forget how, but, I have. I just used the plastic gerber pants to cover the cloth diaper.

Thank you.

Hi a note to grannie. If its possible you could leave your email here for me. I will send you my patterns and I would be willing to post out one of my nappies for you, as a gift after I get in touch by email. I was also in cloth nappies in 1976 lol thanks I hope to hear from you real soon. Ruth n girls.

hi thanks for the lovelly posts, i would love your email address grannie i would send you my patterns and any help i can looking forward to hereing from you regards ruth n girls

Thank you. My e-mail address is: PhyWmGf54 AT aol.com

(Phyllis, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Friend)

Hi Ruth, This is Grannie. I would love to have any help on making the diapers that you are willing to help me with. My email address is: Phywmgf54 AT aol.com My grandson arrived on Jan. 25! He is a doll, so precious, I can't get enough of him.

Thanks for all your lovely feedback.

Hello Ruth and girls, Elijah is still enjoying the cloth diapers! I hope you all are doing well. Elijah will be 5 months old on the 25th; his mom just gave him his first haircut last night. She is using cloth all the time now on him. It's so funny when she's out with him; people don't even believe that someone would use a cloth diaper on a baby these days!

Let them throw their money down the garbage; we don't choose to do that. We also believe that Elijah is more comfortable in cloth and that he isn't being exposed to all the chemicals that are in the disposable diapers; no good for any baby. Oh, super exciting news, Elijah's mommy quit her job and is now staying home with him and his three sisters. They NEEDED HER. Love to you and your daughters. Your USA friend, Ruth.

If there is anyway that I could get my hands on a pattern for potty training pants that pull up that would be so great. I don't have much money so I am unable to buy one. If I could get it for free that would be great. Please sent it to my E-mail (searasmom AT yahoo.com)

Hi Ruth. This is wonderful! I wonder if I might also get the patterns, etc. for this. I don't have much experience sewing either, but recently got a sewing machine so that I can start. I have 6 grandbabies now, and who know how many more will come, between my 4 kids! Anyway, I would love to make some for the ones that are still in diapers....it costs a fortune for the disposable ones, plus the other issues with them. My email is dellajo55 AT yahoo.com. Thank you

Della

Hi Ruth I have a sewing machine andI would love to make my own cloth diapers. What a great idea. I would be thrilled if you could send me the pattern. My e-mail is vickishane AT shaw.ca Thanks so much.

Hi Ruth and girls,I just wanted our thriftyfun family to know I received my pkg.with several different size patters and the cute nappie you made.Your girls are too cute.Thanks for a new friendship....

Keeper

Hi Ruth,

I'm needing to help out my daughter.She has blessed me with a beautiful granddaughter who has grown way to fast : ) My daughter is using cloth diapers and Little Corrie is showing lots of interested in being a big girl and wanting to go potty-Yea! She is 18 months old. What I need is a pattern to make her training panties. I've enjoyed reading your post and replys from others. Would you be willing to send me your easy make pattern? Have a Blessed day.

sforman01 at aol dot com

Cloth Diapers
Making Cloth Diapers
Crafts Baby ItemsOctober 3, 2008
Washable Wiping Squares
Reusable Toilet Paper (Cloth Wiping Squares)
Stack of Disposable Diapers
Using Disposable Diapers in the Garden
Cloth Napkin
Using Cloth Instead of Paper Products
Up close photo of a colorful koi quilt.
Cleaning a Quilt
🎉
🎄