Monday's Washday Pound Cake

I am looking for a recipe called "monday's washday pound cake" that was on a Clabber Girl baking powder can many years ago. I have contacted Clabber Girl, but they say they have been unable to locate it or won't call me back. This was a recipe my grandmother (now deceased) made back in the 50's and 60's. Please can anyone help. It really is a good pound cake with a flaky-like top.

Thanks in advance,
Donna from JASPER, AL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I did a google search for "washday cake" and found several recipes, so you might want to give google a try. Make sure you put it in quotes, as I did. If you do find what you're looking for, please post the recipe here so I can try it too.

Hi Donna,

I found a website which lists a Clabber Girl Cook book published in 1954. The book is for sale.

If it means a lot to you, you might want to

check it out. I might even have a copy of that

Pound Cake recipe around here somewhere, but have been unable to find it. I believe it's the same

recipe that Jeff Smith (Frugal Gourmet) called

the "Colonial Pound Cake" which is about the

most simple pound cake recipe I've ever made.

Here's that Website address for the cookbook.

< http://www.aaab  ntiques000124.tm >

If you're interested in having the Colonial Pound Cake recipe, just email me and let me know. It is

certainly simple enough to be one for the old

wash days that I remember.

All the best,

Julia in Orlando, FL

THANKS JULIA AND AZDANA FOR YOUR HELP. JULIA IF YOU WILL, SEND ME THE RECIPE FOR THE COLONIAL POUND CAKE TO DBLDTROUBLE @ AOL.COM (remove spaces) AS I CAN'T GET YOUR ADDRESS TO COME UP.THANKS AGAIN

DONNA IN JASPER, AL

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJanuary 15, 2006
Pound Cake on Wooden Table
Pound Cake Recipes
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Banana Pound Cake
Banana Pound Cake Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:32:50 PM on 10.0.1.105 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.