Cleaning Linen Napkins

How do I launder linen napkins, yellowed with age?

Ro from Cape Canaveral, FL

I inherited some linens from my Aunt and they were quite yellow. I was told to use Mrs. Stewart's Bluing. It comes in a blue bottle and is sold where the laundry detergent is in the grocery store. Just follow the directions and the napkins should turn out just fine.....Good luck.

Be very careful about using commercial bleach products on your linens because most of them are too strong. They weaken the fibers, already weakened by acids in the food stains, and one day the fibers break and you'll have a hole. The best product I have found is Mama's Miracle Linen Soak. It is very gentle and can be used even on delicate vintage and antique linens, but it works wonders!

Linen Napkins and Silverware
Cleaning Linen Napkins
Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsOctober 22, 2006
Fabric Napkin
Making Fabric Placemats and Napkins
Stack of napkins.
Saving Money on Napkins
Alternatives to Paper Napkins
Alternatives to Paper Napkins
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar