Removing the Name from the Back of a Jersey

I would like to know how to remove a transfer off a football top?

By Katie from Wrexham

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

July 25, 2010 Flag

I have a football shirt which has a name stuck on the back, which I would like removed. The letters have the plastic feel of thread tape. I've tried to pick it off with no success (I've even placed it in the freezer, based on advice given to me).

Does anyone know the best way to remove this label.

Thanks
Geoff from Australia

Answers:

Try warming the letters with a hair dryer, but be careful you don't melt anything. They should peel off, but you may have to deal with the glue residue.
Solvent will remove that. (06/18/2007)

By Annie

You could try nail polish remover. (06/19/2007)

By Allison

Use WD - 40. Spray some on a rag, then wipe it on the letters. My son got silly string on his jersey. I tried many things to get it off, and this worked great! Hopefully it will work for you. His jersey was white and it didn't leave any stains on it as I thought it might. (06/20/2007)

By jillian357

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceJuly 25, 2010
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Living room with nice interior design.
Name Ideas for Interior Design Businesses
Sports Jerseys
Making a Sports Jersey Quilt
Choosing Baby Names
Choosing a Baby Name
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:37:59 PM on 10.0.1.105 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.