Use Floor Wax to Keep Silver Shiny

This is a great tip on how to keep your silver polished.While visiting the "Juliette Gordon Low" historical mansion in Savannah last month, we found out how they keep all the silver (lots and lots!) looking so beautiful. They told us they polished it as usual then put a coat of "future floor wax" over it, and it just keeps on shining. I have never heard of this, but if it works for them, I'm going for it. Obviously it wouldn't be for things you use, but for all that silver just sitting around tarnishing, why not!

Source: Information was given to me by the Representative at the "Juliette Gordon Low" historic museum in Savannah. Juliette founded the Girl Scouts of the USA in 1912 and opened her home up for the meetings. The home is incredible.

Wouldn't this be toxic when you actually eat with it?

Editor's Note: I think this tip would be for display silver. It should be washed well before using it for food service.

Cleaning Silver, Silver tea pot with an antique Chinese tea cup and saucer.
Cleaning Silver
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalSeptember 9, 2008
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Man Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
silver tea pot
Determining Silver Plate vs. Sterling Silver
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths