Repainting Plaster Walls

I have a house that was built in the 1950's and have plaster walls. I am taking down the wall paper in my kitchen and I don't know what do you next. I would like to paint it but do I need to prime it first?

Anita from Chattanooga,TN

I have horse hair plaster walls, and you definitly want to prime first. One thing we ended up doing also to our walls is none of them where flat or straight, so we used a layer of wall stucco, then lightly sponged over it. Then primed and painted, it came out great.

Good Luck

You'll want to repair or patch any cracks or holes with stuff called joint compound first then paint over it with a geneous coating of Kilz primer. Kilz is about the best primer out there and is very tough and long lasting. Let it dry for at least 24 hours before you paint over it. Good luck!

Green Plaster Walls
Painting Plaster Walls
Home and Garden Home Improvement WallsJuly 11, 2007
cleaning bucket
Cleaning Unpainted Plaster Walls
Patching a Plaster Wall
Patching a Plaster Wall
Using Textured Paint
Using Textured Paint
A picture frame on a plaster wall.
Hanging Pictures on Plaster Walls