Compost Disposable Coffee Cups

Do you throw your Tim Hortons' cups in the recycle or garbage? I wasn't sure what to do with them. I found out that they can be composted.

So I rinse them out and place one at a time, inside my small compost container, and use them for soggy things like tea bags and coffee filters, oatmeal too. It keeps my compost bin clean and and I don't get near as much moisture build-up. I just rinse the cups out, and stack them under the counter.

Source: When I realized the cups were compostable, I just did my part to put things where they belong.

By Judy from Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Compost Pile
Starting a Compost Pile
Home and Garden Gardening CompostingFebruary 24, 2010
Disposable Plastic Cup
Reusing Disposable Plastic Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
disposable razor
Uses for Disposable Razors
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden