Making an Inexpensive Cat Costume

My 9 year-old son wants to be a cat for Halloween. Any ideas on how I could cheaply make this costume? Do you think he will get teased?

By Sandy

A black jogging suit, stuff it with news paper to make him a big fat black cat. Add a head band with some ears added, make a tail add a puffy ball to the end, and don't forget to put a collar with some ID tags on him. You could also get him a rubber mouse. This is what Halloween is all about having fun dressing up. If someone starts to make fun go with it make a joke, I use to walk through my neighborhood in cardboard ( I was a dice) on Halloween and till this day people still call me names. They are great memories.

You could do the same as suggested only use beige for the running suit. Affix several rows of fake fur around the hood making him a lion, Stuff a panty hose leg with batting and wire-wire so you can position it not to drag the ground- no one would dare make fun of the king of the jungle. Rent the Wizard of oz and take make-up tips from there.

Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume
Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 14, 2010
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Making Felt Kitty Ears
Making Felt Kitty Ears