Preventing Sweaty Foreheads With Antiperspirant

I have reached that age when I have my own "personal summers" (aka hot flashes). In just minutes my forehead looks like a well-fed spring! As a result of the flash head sweats, my hair gets wet and the make up starts to run into my eyes. One day it came to me that if an antiperspirant was meant to keep your underarms dry, why wouldn't it work on a sweaty forehead? Ta-da! It worked! Now when I get dressed to go out, I just rub some unscented antiperspirant (One certainly doesn't want her forehead to smell like an armpit fragrance!) on my forehead and have seen much improvement from doing so.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

That is a good temporary solution. Wish I had known it when I started drenching my clothes. I tried different herbal combinations but found that Black Cohosh and Dong Quai worked for me. Have been using them for 20 years. I did try Wild Yam and Evening Primrose. They did nothing for me but other people have had success with them. Hope you find something that helps.

I also use antiperspirant on my feet when wearing sandals or dress shoes w/o socks. It also keeps your feet from getting blisters.

I'm very sorry for the discomfort you are experiencing, but glad that you are taking control of your problems in an intelligent and independent way.

However, I must warn you to something that you need to research. I also used to use antiperspirants, especially under my breasts because of excessive sweating and rashes.

However, after going through a horrendous summer last year with my right kidney, one day I happen to read the warning on the back of my antiperspirant bottle. I was shocked to see a warning about using it if you have kidney disease! I never thought something we apply to our skin could affect our internal organs.

I showed it to my doctor who told me she'd never noticed the warning either. The harmful ingredient is the antiperspirant, (not the deodorant), which is the aluminum-something or other. It is called different names on different antiperspirants. The one I'm looking at right now (which is the last one i was using before i stopped using them) is Aluminum Zirconium Pentachlorohydrex

After discovering this and doing some research about antiperspirants, i have begin to wonder about the connection between aluminum and Alzheimer's, and the first appearance of antiperspirants in our society. It's something to think about.

All antiperspirants have the aluminum in some form but plain deodorant doesn't.

I switched to plain deodorant after much frustrating searching at several stores.

I'm not thrilled with it but iId rather be safe and a little sweaty than very sorry down the road. And I'm thrilled to tell you that since I stopped using the antiperspirants my kidney problems have cleared up.

Why in the world this ingredient which is well known to harm us and allowed to be put into products that we use regularly on our bodies, is a travesty of the powers who are there to protect us. Much luck and let us know how you do.

p.s. i found out CLINIQUE has an all day sweat proof foundation that users swear by. you might want to check it out.

Woman Using Antiperspirant
Using Antiperspirant
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 25, 2008
Front of a wrinkled shirt.
Preventing Wrinkled Clothing
Sweating Feet
Remedies for Sweating Feet
Sweaty Hand
Remedies for Sweaty Hands
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft