Making Homemade Door Wreaths

Does anyone on here make homemade door wreaths?

Donita from MO

Yes, I do. Can I help you with something? Let me know and put wreaths in subject box warnerd5 AT aol.com

Homemade wreaths are loads of fun to make and way cheaper than storebought ones! I make mine with silk and dried flowers so they last longer, usually on a grapevine wreath base (although you can also use straw or foam). The number of bunches of florals and greenery you need will depend, of course, on the size of your wreath base. Dollar Tree is great for this! Cut your stems down to a few inches and hot glue your greenery in first, and then arrange your flowers around the edges until you find a pattern you like. Cute add-ins include bows or seasonal items like birdhouses, scarecrows, etc. Have fun!

Craft stores sell the basic wreaths plus so many goodies to add to them and they have free classes sometimes.

Here is one I made for Easter a few years ago.

Gather pinecones and twigs for free. My sister hung hers on their front door and birds built a nest in it.They used the side door until the babies hatched out and left. Then she had the real birds nest as a decoration..Hows that for free?LOL~ GG Vi

If you have forsythia bushes, use the long branches you trim off in fall to make a rustic wreath. Put a gloved hand around the branch and slide down, taking off most of the leaves. Coil a few in a circle and tuck ends into the coil or use wire to hold in place. Then add as many as you need to make it fuller, staggering where each begins and ends around the circle. It's good if you can wrap them around a bucket or other round container for a form, then let them dry out. You can glue or tie on other things like seed pods, grasses, etc. that you find in your yard, or things from the store like silk sunflowers, pansies, etc., and some raffia. This makes a nice rustic wreath to hang outside. Sometimes they look great just by themselves without any ornamentation, esp on outbuildings or a garage. When it gets too weathered and ugly, just send it to the compost pile if you used all natural stuff on it. I had some that were in a covered place on the house and they lasted several years before I tossed them. The best part is you're getting your materials for free. (I thought this up when thinning our bushes one year. We didn't have grapevines so I thought I'd give this a try and it worked pretty well)

Hi, email me at precioustaylor AT stjoelive.com if you can make a wreath for my front door. Thanks.

Hello, what do your wreaths look like? I'm wanting one to hang on my front door, a good size one, I thought something with berries, twigs, bird nest one. Let me know, thanks.

Hi, do you make these & sell them? Also do you know how to do the Christmas tree made from 6 wire coat hangers? email me at precioustaylor AT stjoelive.com

A red silk flower and grapevine wreath
Making Homemade Door Wreaths
Crafts AdviceJune 30, 2008
Door Hinge
Fixing Loose Door Hinges
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths
Squeaky Door Hinge
Making a Door Squeak
🎉
🎄