Caring for an Umbrella Tree

I saved two umbrella trees from a vacant store, but they seem a little droopy. Can anyone give me ideas to perk them up?

By Joyce from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Google has a ton of great information if you use "schefflera" as your keyword. I had that problem with my big one after I moved. I ended up cutting back a bunch of the stems/leaves that were just not going to make it. Make sure to let it dry out a bit between waterings, add a bit of fertilizer and put it in an area that it gets indirect sunlight.

A couple of the big stems that were cut back are seeing new growth and one of the cuttings I rooted has reached a stage where it doesn't need to be covered (to maintain moisture).

Umbrella Tree
Growing an Umbrella Tree (Magnolia tripetala)
Home and Garden Gardening TreesOctober 12, 2009
Patio Umbrella
Refurbishing a Faded Patio Umbrella
Avocados on a Tree
Caring for an Avocado Tree
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:24:28 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.