Home Remedies for Treating Gum Disease

Does anyone have a homemade remedy for gum disease, where the gum tears apart and the teeth are uprooted?

By Dorothy from SA

Best Answer

The advice to see a dentist is right on. This is a serious problem with potentially serious consequences. I have had good luck with using hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash. Just follow the directions on the bottle. I like to keep it in my mouth for a minute or two. Good luck.

You had better hustle over to a dentist before you lose all your teeth and develop other health problems. Forget looking for an easy cost free cure.

Try powder alum,mix 1/2 teaspoon in a cup of water,rinse mouth every time you eat or drink. I've used this many years. Get it from drug store, if they don't have any ask them to order some,get about 3 oz for about $3.00. It really helps. It's good for almost everything, cuts & etc. It not go get help, good luck.

Thumbs up on the advice from foxrun41; you don't want to mess around with gum disease.

I was one of those people so traumatized at the dentist as a kid that I put off being treated for gum disease--and ended up not only losing teeth but having a severe systemic infection that landed me in the hospital for a week on massive doses of antibiotics.

All from bad teeth and gums, nothing else.

I know dentists can be expensive, but there are clinics that have sliding payment scales and--if you're near any university that has a dental college--that's also a low-cost option.

Thanks for all the advice, its much appreciated.

You can get liquid chlorophyll in a health food store. Rinse your mouth out with it a couple of times a day, really swish it around. It's okay to swallow it, actually it's good for you, but it tastes like grass. Only thing is it's dark green & your teeth will look green but it comes off. So brush your teeth before you go out in public but leave it on all night.

I learned this from a nurse practitioner who told her patients to use it over 20 years ago. I use it all the time to heal cuts, scrapes, etc & am always amazed at how quickly things heal from it. Keep it in the fridge.

Hello,

Gum disease can cause other problems for you. My daughter is a dental RDA and she says to get to a dentist before you develop any health issues. There are a lot of Dentists that will give you sedation if you are afraid, also, if cost is a factor please call your local dental school. Good luck.

SEE A DENTIST. NOW. Gum disease can cause heart disease. Be honest with the dentist if you have had less than good experiences in the past. Dentistry has changed since the drill or pull days. It is about as pain free as opening your mouth. My dentist uses a pain killer that rubs on. Good luck. AND DO IT NOW!

girl flossing
Home Remedies for Gum Disease
Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 31, 2010
Spraying a rose bush.
Treating Roses With Witch's Broom Disease
Powdery Mildew on Plants
Treating Plants with Powdery Mildew
Houseplants
Treating Fungal Disease on Houseplants
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🎄
🍂