Remote Control Tote

Handy tote to hang on the bedpost or doorknob so you know where to find your remote. I made one for my oldest grand daughter and now the little one wants one too.

Approximate Time: 1/2 hour or less

• remote for size
  • scissors
  • tape measure
  • sewing machine
  • thread
  • fabric
  • pins

Instructions:

1. First thing you do is gather all your supplies.

2. Measure how big it needs to be and cut 2 pieces of fabric the same size (front and back). Be sure to have it an inch or so bigger on both sides. For the length add about 2 inches.

3. Put fabric right sides together and stitch around 3 sides using 1/4" seam allowance.

4. Cut a piece of fabric about 2 inches wide and 10 inches long. Fold sides in and sew down the center. This is the handle.

5. Fold about 1 to 1 1/2 inches down at the top and pin around. Position the ends of the handle in the back of the tote about 1 inch from the sides and pin in place. Sew around the top and as you are sewing sew the handles on. I always back stitch the handles for extra strength. (Picture 2)

6. Turn right side out and use the point of the scissors to push the corners out.

7. Now place your remote inside and hang on your bedpost or doorknob. Always put the remote back in it's tote when done watching TV in your room and you'll never loose it.

8. You can make them any size and any color.

By Little Suzy from Millbury, OH

This is so clever! My top pet peeve is losing that remote control in the covers! I don't have the sewing talents that this gal has, so I made mine out of an old purse and hung it from my Victorian bed with a fancy lacy bow.

Thanks for sharing your great idea, I think this should be a top idea for gifts and showers! penny squeeker

Remote Control Holder
Making a Remote Control Holder
Crafts SewingMay 9, 2009
Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
Recycle Tote Bag
Decorating Tote Bags
Working on a Crocheted Tote Bag
Making a Crocheted Tote Bag
🎉
🎄