Browsing: Saving Money on Drinks

Freeze Heavy Duty Water Bottles For Work

I carry a bottle of water with me to work every day and I love very cold water so I freeze my water so it will stay cold all day but you can't use those "wimpy" plastic bottles. I buy Propel or the small Gatorade bottles which are heavy plastic and will take freezing. I reuse the same bottles every week. I have had the same bottles for about a year now saving money and plastic and my water is always cold. I also use the some bottles in the cooler when we go on vacation. They stay cold longer and don't melt all over everything.

By Marilyn from Oklahoma City, OK

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thanks for the info! I've been trying to find some sturdy plastic bottles, but the ones water comes in have gotten flimsier by the year.

I do the same thing with bottles of water. A further hint, wrap the bottle on frozen water in a sock to absorb the moisture that collects of the bottle. Everyone seems to have a few mismatched socks! !!

Keep in mind it is not healthy to reuse plastic bottles as they break down and release toxins into the liquid. Also, it is best to drink out of metal or glass instead.

Yes please discard your bottle and get a new one it is ok it you reuse it a couple of times but not to long. Friend told me about article that said plastic bottles break down some after time. Please take care.

Row of Colorful Drinks on Ice
Saving Money on Drinks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesOctober 2, 2008
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Clothing hanging by clothes pins.
Buying Heavy Duty Clothes Pins
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener