My Frugal Life - Thoughtful Living

Not frugal, it is too uptight a word. The word I like to use is thoughtful. Every time I save money, I smile because I have purchased quality.

I started a frugal life because I married a military man and money was short. Homemade bread, pies and cinnamon rolls and delicious meat meals sparingly stretched to make two meals out of a pound of hamburger. Leftovers made awesome soups. My husband can cook too, so he would slip in a tasty dish part of the time. The longer we are married, the more he cooks. We can save money and enjoy the meals just as much. Always tasty, always enjoyable.

Bev Sobkowich from Chilliwack

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

I know what you mean. It's funny because when I purchase something good at such a low price I feel proud because I was able to actually find whatever item at such a price. Sometimes it's like a game, and can actually be enjoyable surprisingly. I come from a middle-class family, we were able to afford a lot though there were other things we could not afford. However, even if we could afford something we always made sure to get it for a lower price. It's the principle of the fact. In this day and age with as much technology we have, etc. you'd think some things would be cheaper but instead it's more expensive. I see so many people (married couples even) still living at home with their families because they can't afford to live on their own. Jobs don't pay enough and all that happens is prices go up more and more on things, not helping in the process at all. I'd love to know 'why' instead of hearing excuses from companies. The only reason why I call them excuses is because I know a lot about finances and a little about running a company. Things really could be better than what they are.

Frugal Living Advice
Frugal Living Advice
Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeJuly 24, 2006
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
Man with Arthritis in His Knee
Living with Arthritis