Sleepover Birthday Party Ideas for Boys

I need help on an 8 yr old boy's birthday slumber party. His birthday is on New Years day?

By Johnna from Joliet, IL

Answers

My son turned 9 on the 28th and is having a slumber party this weekend. He's inviting a couple boys over and we're taking them to the 7pm session at the local roller rink to wear them out ($4 a kid w/ coupon), we'll do cake at home first so we don't have to pay for the party package. A movie rental is always a solid bet and he's begging for us to let him have a nerf war in the garage as someone finally gave him a nerf weapon (something we've refused to purchase). I'm not so sure about that idea.

I was also planning to let them decorate their own cupcakes with small amounts of candy I'm picking up from the bulk section at the market. Honestly, at his 8th party they spent all their time playing basketball with one of those basketball hoops that goes over the closet door instead of doing any of the activities we'd planned, go figure. We'd printed some bakugan pictures off the computer for them to color and such.

Eight year old boys are often into Pokemon. I had a friend do a Pokemon party that was a hit, if your son and friends already have cards anyway. You could setup a round-robin where they rotate who plays who and purchase a few of the booster packs so you have cards to put down as prizes (so no one looses their personal cards).

Sleepover Party Ideas for Boys
Sleepover Party Ideas for Boys
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 1, 2011
Mommy Sleepover
Mommy Sleepover Ideas
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Cake with a 13 candles on it.
13th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
🎉
🎄