Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture

Can anyone tell me how to remove nail polish from a wood dresser and not take the finish off?

Thanks,
Kathie from England

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Kathie, I do. This is one of my demonstrations with a product from a wellness catalog company that I refer people to. It is totally safe to skin and the environment too. Carol at cartonv2atjunodotcom I will tell you how to order this amazing cleaning product.

I have never tried this but I heard it works---try using acetone free polish remover. If it works let me know.

Use baby oil and vinegar and let set for a few moments. After this use scrubbing side of kitchen sponge. It will come off with some light scrubbing and even will start to peel off with your nails. No residue remains and nothing to buy, just tried it and it worked!

Do not use nail polish remover!! Let the polish dry and lightly scrape it off with a razor blade (I use the ones that are used in utility knives) lightly scrape it off a little at time as to not scrape the finish! ;)

Nail Polish
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureMarch 24, 2006
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:31:03 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.