Taking the Little Ones Shopping - Categories:

GiftsChristmas

Taking the Little Ones Shopping

When my niece was old enough to save money, which was about 4 or 5 years old, I took her and her cousin Christmas shopping the day school dismissed. By the time she was in first grade the number of "guests" had grown to 4. They may have had a total of $2-$3, I would give each of them $5 each.

Even with $8, it was hard to find a gift for their parents. Because of this, we visited the Dollar Stores, Dollar Trees, any where where they could get something big for very little money. When her brother was born we started taking him at about 4 years old.

We really enjoyed all the time spent together. We would go to McDonald's to eat, and then to my house to wrap gifts. What memories we have, as we lost my nephew 3 years ago. My niece has continued this tradition with her daughter, and she buys gifts for both sets of grandparents.

By Martha Pitts

View More Christmas Family Traditions

Share Your Christmas Family Tradition

From the time my kids were old enough to walk, we went to yard/garage sales...they all wore their little 'fannypacks' w/ their own $$. As they got older, we hit the church bazars every year...they are now 19, 17, 15 & 13. My 13 yr old son still does this!

Cathy/Ocala

Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsDecember 22, 2004
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Someone with a bellyache holding onto the stomach.
Homemade Laxatives
Photo of a Mt. Rainier in Reflection Lake.
Taking Reflection Photographs
Taking Photos of Your Pets
Tips for Taking Photos of Your Pets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:57:11 AM on 10.0.2.136 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.