White Skirt Bleached And Now Has Yellow Spots - Categories:

StainsCleaning

White Skirt Bleached And Now Has Yellow Spots

I have a skirt that is 100% cotton and I got mud on it, so I bleached it and now the bleached spots turned yellow. Is there anything I can do to fix these spots?

Ashlee

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've tried oxyclean on dozens of stains and so far it hasnt let me down. It may restore the yellow to white. Its usually available at big discount stores like walmart and target for pretty cheap.

I noticed they even have oxyclean in our local dollar store in New Jersey.

But we have rust in our water sometimes and we have trouble getting out rust spots.

We wind up with a lot of tye dyed clothes. But that's okay. We are considered an artists' colony and people think our clothes are just part of the scenery!

lol

I was trying to fade my dark blue denim jacket and I did something wrong with the bleaching. Is there a way to fix it?

Hi,

Bleach is permanent and needs to be used with great care. About the only thing you can do is to dye the spots but the fabric may be compromised if they are white spots and will wear much quicker than the rest of the jacket.

If you choose to bleach something, make sure that the bleach is well mixed with the water before putting the garment in the washer.

Getting it all to look like normal fading is close to impossible now but you might be able to dye the spots a lighter blue and they won't look so bad. You can mix up dye and put it on the spots with a paint brush.

The best way to fade a denim jacket is to wash it a few times and leave it out in the sun after each washing. The sun will fade it nicely.

Hope this helps,

Susan from ThriftyFun

I have a pink blaze with flowers in it and bleached spilled on the sleeve yesterday so now there is a big white spot just on the sleeve and you can't see the flowers. Can I fix this somehow? Or can I bleach out the whole thing and then dye it back to pink. Help!!!

my denim skirt has two bleach spots on the back..what kind of dye can i use to at least make it more unoticeable

have you tried decals over the spots

I attempted to remove a small stain from my white skirt with a little bleach - now I have two huge yellow stains on the skirt. HELP!!!

If your skirt is a blend fabric with ANY amount of spandex in it, than that is the problem. Bleaching any spandex items will make them yellow. I've had this happen with shirts that only had 1% spandex.

RIT makes a number of products to brighten and remove yellowing from bleached fabrics. I also love the rust remover!

http://www.ritdye.com/laundry.asp

good luck!

rebekah

i've got caustic soda on my friends jacket and it went white help!

I have pants that are 100% cotton and they have bleach spots. i heard that applying the dye wont cover the stain. Will it work if I discolor.. or bleach the pants entirely to eliminate the bleach spot and over that apply a dye?

Editor's Note: Evy, I'd recommend getting some color remover (made by Rit) and use that rather than trying to bleach them. That much bleaching will weaken the fabric.

Susan from ThriftyFun

My son had his acne medication on his face and rubbed his face against his shirt. Now the shirt has a bleach spot on it. It was a brand new shirt! Can I dye the entire shirt? OR can I just dye the spot?

My sister did this. She couldn't get the bleach stains out so dyed her skirt hot pink and it worked out!

I have the same problem, I sew my own clothes and I was making a white dress, I bleached it to get some stains out and got big yellow spots everywere! I don't want to start over on making the dress, how can i fix it??

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 28, 2004
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:21:27 PM on 10.0.2.224 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.