Soup is Too Spicy

I made a soup with some hot sauce and it is way too "spicy hot". How can I balance out the spicy heat?

Lucia from Long Island, NY

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

You can add some milk to the soup and it should help tone it down a bit.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

You can also mix cream into it or if you don't want to change the soup, you can serve it with yogurt to cool down your tongue!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Dilute it down and then add more of the other ingredients to bring the original taste back.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

If I get "heavy handed" with my chili, I just add a little sugar and that cools it off nicely. (I use hot sauce as well as chili powder in my chili) Maybe it will work for your soup, too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

You can add some instant potatoes or diced potatoes to the soup. It will help, good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jane Gibbons 1 Flag

I made a pot of Mulligatawney and I thought it was ruined, it was so spicy. So I sliced a large potato into thin slices and cooked until it was tender. After I pureed the soup, I served it with a large spoonful of creme fresh. It was delicious and no one complained! The potato improved the texture as well

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Previous
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesNovember 13, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 1:06:41 PM on 10.0.2.120 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings