Soup is Too Spicy

I made a soup with some hot sauce and it is way too "spicy hot". How can I balance out the spicy heat?

Lucia from Long Island, NY

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can add some milk to the soup and it should help tone it down a bit.

You can also mix cream into it or if you don't want to change the soup, you can serve it with yogurt to cool down your tongue!

Dilute it down and then add more of the other ingredients to bring the original taste back.

If I get "heavy handed" with my chili, I just add a little sugar and that cools it off nicely. (I use hot sauce as well as chili powder in my chili) Maybe it will work for your soup, too.

You can add some instant potatoes or diced potatoes to the soup. It will help, good luck.

I made a pot of Mulligatawney and I thought it was ruined, it was so spicy. So I sliced a large potato into thin slices and cooked until it was tender. After I pureed the soup, I served it with a large spoonful of creme fresh. It was delicious and no one complained! The potato improved the texture as well

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesNovember 13, 2006
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Soup That's Too Sweet
Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 14, 2016 at 2:39:38 PM on 10.0.0.121 in 680 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.