Stained Glass Salad
- 1 box cherry gelatin (3 oz.)
- 1 box orange gelatin (3 oz.)
- 1 box black raspberry gelatin (3 oz.)
- 5 boxes lemon gelatin (3 oz.)
- 1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream
- Dissolve cherry, orange, and black raspberry gelatin separately, using 1 1/2 cups hot water to each package.
- Mold each in a shallow square pan. Let set until solid.
- Dissolve the 5 boxes of lemon gelatin in 5 cups of boiling water.
- While still hot, dissolve the ice cream in the jello mixture.
- Cut first 3 pans of gelatin into cubes.
- After lemon gelatin starts to thicken, stir in cubes of gelatin. Pour into mold and let set. This makes a large salad, serving at least 20.
By Robin from Washington, IA
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
January 21, 20080 found this helpful
As a kid, my mom would make Stained Glass Salad, but used Cool Whip in place of the ice cream.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 7, 2016 at 4:14:50 AM on 10.0.1.32 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us