Recipe for Chocolate Groom's Cake

I need a really good chocolate cake recipe, for a grooms cake. Also, any ideas on decorating one too. Thank you!

Steph from Sidney, Ohio

Red Velvet Cake (or Waldorf Astoria Cake)

Mix: 1 Tbsp vinegar

1 tsp soda set aside

Cream: 1/2 cup shortening

1 1/2 cup sugar

Add: 2 eggs, unbeaten

2 oz. red food coloring

1 tsp vanilla

Sift: 2 cups plain flour

2 tbsp cocoa

1 tsp salt

Add 1 cup buttermilk alternately with sifted ingredients to mixture

Beat well. Fold in vinegar mixture: do not beat. Pour into two 9-inch greased and waxed paper-lined pans. Bake at 350 degrees until cake tests done.

Frosting:

Blend 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup plain flour in small double boiler. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.

Add: Pinch of salt: set aside to cool.

In small mixing bowl put: 1/2 cup shortening

1 cup sugar

1 stick butter

Beat at high speed until fluffy. Add first mixture and

1 tsp vanilla. Beat at a high speed until white, creamy and fluffy.

Slice each layer of the cake horizontally and you will have a four layer cake. Frost each layer and sides.

Adjust recipe (double or whatever) to make the size you need for the wedding.

Hi,

My son is a big Detroit Red Wings fan so he wanted his Groom's Cake decorated with the logo. I used a large, marble sheet cake , decorated it with white cream cheese icing and used a Detroit Red Wings Logo that I enlarged and made a stencil. I then drew in the stencil with red icing and removed the stencil. It looked very nice surrounded with red and white napkins and my son was happy..and so was the bride!

I did our wedding cakes in June 07 when we got married. My hubby only eats german chocolate cake so I made 2 9x 13 cakes and then frosted them. He builds highways so I took some new caterpillar machinery pieces and made the cake look like a road being built and then put hersey kisses all around the outside of the cake. Big Hit at the reception. I did not want traditional type cakes so I made my own. Good luck and use your imagination, whatever makes you happy is what you should use.

This is our chocolate cake recipe. It is very easy and good. We use it for all occasions and never get tired of it.

Wacky Cake

3 cups flour

1/3 cup cocoa

1 teas. salt

3/4 cup oil

2 cups water

2 cups sugar

2 teas. baking soda

2 tbls. vinegar

1 teas. vanilla

Mix all and bake at 350 degrees

35 min. in greased 9x13 pan

18 min in cupcake papers

Very moist, chocolately cake.

I can't help you with decorating, we usually just frost it with whipped cream.

Most of the recipes offered seem wonderful! I would bake it in an large oven-proof bowl. When cool, place in the center of a platter or one of those boards they sell for cakes at a decorating store. Tint white frosting black and ice the inverted half circle. Bend a black twizzler in half and insert each end into the cake to form a loop. Add a chain made of black licorice nibs strung on strong thread or dental floss and voila, a ball and chain! Crush a package or two of chocolate creme sandwich cookies coarsely. Spread chocolate frosting around the ball (on the cake board or platter.) Sprinkle the cookie chunks around the ball to make it look like the gravel from a rock-breaking chain gang if you want.

Go to wilton.com. They have a wonderful recipe specifically for a groom's cake. You won't be disappointed!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes ChocolateMarch 13, 2008
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes
Groom's Dinner Ideas
Groom's Dinner Ideas
🎄
🍂