Dog Pee Stained Floor Boards - Categories:

FlooringHome Improvement

Dog Pee Stained Floor Boards

My dog used to urinate on corner walls in my rental property and my landlord pulled the carpets up and polished the floorboards only to discover nasty black stained (and now polished) wood in the areas where Oscar used to pee. I don't know how to fix the floor - can someone help me please? Also this is a good warning to people who think dog pee only affects the carpet on top, no sir!

Nicola - Australia

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If you mean by 'polished' sealed with polyurethane varnish then there is nothing that can be done without stripping the sealer off. The floor boards can then be bleached with wood bleach to remove the stains.

Regards

Jo

I am trying to find the best and easiest way of cleaning polished floor boards. I have used 1/2 cup vineagar to 1/2 bucket of water. When it drys a film is left on the boards which I then have to polish off by hand with soft cloths. I have a large floor area and staircase, is there an easier way?

Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringJanuary 29, 2005
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Pee Pee Cone
Making Pee Pee Cones
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:14:58 AM on 10.0.2.28 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.