Organizing Christmas Photos

I finally did it after all these years. I purchased a great Christmas Photo Album at a reduced price of $1.00. It has a holiday motif on the front and back and has 2 clear pockets on each page with a total of 100 pages. Seeing that my children are now grown and have kids of their own I have accumulated many, many Christmas pictures.

Each picture was in a heavy paper frame and every year I would put them all on the coffee table to peek at. For years, I've been saying "one of these days I'm going to put them in a nice photo album so that they can be nice and neat and put together". Well I finally did it. I feel like I accomplished so much by doing that one little thing.

I also purchased a larger photo album and gathered up all of my grandchildren's pictures that were in picture frames scattered throughout my home. I put them all in the album and categorized them by their age from the oldest to the newest pictures.

By Joesgirl

Isn't it wonderful to have the pictures organized? Each year I buy two new albums, mark the spines with the year and place the pictures in the album as soon as they come in the door! The second set of pictures, I place in smaller albums and give to the people in the pictures. If there is only one picture to give, I pop it in a frame. The family is so used to receiving small albums, they wouldn't know what to do if I handed them pictures in a stack! Now, I can enjoy our family anytime because everything is marked by the year.

I would like to "wallpaper" my spare bedrooms completely with pictures, but I have no idea how to do this without ruining the pictures. Should I put up sizing first so that when I do remove them, I can cut them out in squares with backing on them. Has anyone done this before?

I just love this. What wonderful ideas for organizing photos. I have 70 years worth of photos, some scattered in different albums. I am going to make an effort this year to put the photos in order. Thank you for the great ideas. Blessings.

Pile of Unorganized Photos
Organizing Your Photos
Organizing TipsJanuary 18, 2005
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree