Convert Your Fall Display Into a Christmas Scene

I always set up a fall display, which also included an old rocker. I thought what a waste of pumpkins and hay after Thanksgiving. So after that holiday, I removed the leaves and fall flowers. My pumpkins were of different sizes, so I stacked them in the chair, spray painted them white, give eyes and nose and a top hat, voile, snowman! The hay I took the spray foam from a can, and covered it, to give it a smoother finish, and then spray painted it white. Added some Christmas flowers and greenery, and bows, and some fake packages over the whole display. Which lasted through the holidays. No waste! This was in Florida, it was the only snowman around!

Source: My imagination at work.

By Sandyc from Vesuvius, VA

Great idea - so much less wasteful. So economical too!

Love to see a pix!

Jennifer CA

I am going to paint my pumpkins white and try this idea! You have some great ideas! You can also spray your pumpkins silver or gold for a display!

If at end of the fall season you find yourself with leftover pumpkins, why not make pumpkin pie with them. There are recipes on the internet that use "fresh" pumpkin for their pies. This way nothing is wasted.

A twig star outside in the snow.
Homemade Outdoor Christmas Decorations
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations OutdoorNovember 24, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Uncooked Macaroni
Converting Dry Macaroni Measurements
hanging snowman decoration
Making a Winter Snowman Scene