Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Planning Christmas for Children Without Any Money

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
A mom worrying about Christmas.

Many families experiencing financial difficulties are even more distraught around the Christmas holidays, but there are ways to still have Christmas for your children. This is a guide about planning Christmas for children without any money.

Here are questions related to Planning Christmas for Children Without Any Money.

Question: Planning Christmas for My Children Without Any Money

Is there any way I can give my family a Christmas. I have 6 kids that I cannot give Christmas to. My husband lost his job. Anyone have any ideas?

Rachael from Lawson, MO

Most Recent Answer

By Carrie Wilson [3]12/21/2008

I have been there. I have always figured out a way. I have been poor, poor, poor. I am a single mom of two boys and they recently told me, "Mom I had no idea we were ever poor. We always had presents and we thought we always got most of what we ever wanted." I will admit it was easier to "fool" them when they were young. Before I went back to college and earned my engineering degree...here was my game...Check out ALL churches, Salvation Army, Goodwill, St. Vincent DePaul, wherever you can find help. There is no pride when it comes to giving kids a Christmas. I don't care-work every angle you can. Speak well, and explain your situation. Tell a person you trust at their school about the predicament. Do what everyone should do but doesn't when they lose a job-TELL EVERYONE. That means everyone. Tell the lady at the grocer that the Reaganomics, trickle down economics finally worked, and that the Wall Street meltdown hit your family and you just don't know what you are going to do. You would be surprised the kind of information, and sometimes even help, you can get by telling everyone. And when all else fails, do what I did, look around the house and everything you see of any value that is less important to you than giving your kids Christmas, collect it all up and decide where to sell it. Craigslist, newspaper ad, ebay, whatever, however...do what you gotta do. Tell people in your posting why you are selling it. Period.

Solutions: Planning Christmas for Children Without Any Money

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!