WildlifePhotos

Wildlife: Sea Anemone (Sunset Beach, OR)

One of me and my husband's favorite things to do is to go exploring. Whether it be hiking through the wilderness, beach hopping, or rock climbing, we love it!

This is from one of our many journeys out to explore the trails and shores around Sunset Beach just outside of Charleston, Oregon. While excitedly adventuring around a rocky shore filled with tide pools, I found an area with brilliantly green sea anemones! I love these little critters and still get down on my hands and knees, like a child, to gently run my fingers over their "arms" to make them close up. How can that give someone such joy? LOL!

Anyway, while playing with these anemones, I spotted one in the middle of a snack. He was munching upon the remains of a horseshoe crab. It was rather unfortunate for the crab, but I felt quite blessed to be able to witness and have the opportunity to capture such an event. I'd never even seen an anemone actually eat anything before, though I obviously knew it happened.

Anyway, I thought it was a slightly grotesque, but rather intriguing, sight and now I'd like to share it with you. Hope ya'll enjoy. God bless!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Amazing photo! I've never seen an anemone that color before or ever seen one eating. Thanks for sharing that. You can always know one of your votes is from me.

Peggy

Reply Like this photo? Yes

First time I have seen one that color. Thanks for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks guys for the wonderful comments, I loved the green color of this guy, too. They're all over our coastal rocks. Come and see, if you ever have the chance! Anyway, just wanted to post this to laugh at myself real quick like. Just noticed that I must have been extremely tired when posting Snack Time (name of sea anemone photo). I wrote "me and my husband" in the very first sentence. I just couldn't read on! What awful grammar! Sorry about that, guys! I should be more intelligent than that! :-/ Thanks for still looking!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Eww, lol! Thanks for that appetizing picture you put into my head... sometimes it's better that I can't see this stuff. (giggling like a little kid along with you!) JPJ (PS: I voted for you in spite of the bad grammar. I try to overlook that in others.) :D

Reply Like this photo? Yes