Keeping Track of Photos When Traveling

My daughter's hobby is photography. On a recent vacation out west, she used the following tip to keep track of her photos. As we entered a new state, she would do one of the following:

1. Take a picture of the "Welcome to" state sign.

2. Take a picture of the road map for that state.

3. Or use sign language to indicate the initial of the state and take a picture of her hand. For example, she would make a signed "M" when we entered Montana and take a picture of that.

Then she would know what state the next photos belonged in for her album.

Source: My daughter's idea

By skeesics56 from NW OH

Excellent idea - although the "welcom" sign would prob work best for those without knowledge of the manual alphabet.

Another thought: if the camera is like my daughter's cell-phone camera, someone could do a short video clip for each state, too.

This is a wonderful hint. Before we had a digital camera, my husband took hundreds of pictures on vacation and had me write down where each of them was taken. He wanted a detailed description! It was a pain. I'm thinking I can take a photo of the description in the guidebook as we see each new cathedral, town square, statue, and then he can take his photos. Thanks!

What an outstanding idea! I like this and I will incorporate this into my photos also!

When my husband and I go on a cruise, every morning I take a picture of the ship's Daily Planner which shows the day and date of the cruise, ship name and the port we will visit that day. Once I get into port, then I take a picture of a location sign. If it is just a sea day, I have the picture of the ship's Daily Planner so I know what day the onboard pictures were taken.

What a marvelous idea! And a lot more practical, too, now that digital cameras make each picture so inexpensive!

Disneyland and Legoland Brochures and Scrapbook Items
Vacation Scrapbooking Tips and Tricks
Photos Taking PicturesJune 26, 2009
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Keeping Track of Events in a Calendar
Keeping Track of Events
Manchester Cathedral in England
England Frugal Travel Guide
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies