Halloween Costume: Little Lady Bug
- 1 red leotard
- 2 8x11-inch sheets of adhesive-backed felt in black and red
- 1 black pipe cleaner; 1 black or brown hair barrette; 1 pair of store-bought black wings (that are bendable if not in a rounded shape already)
- black shoes to fit the Lady Bug Lady (I used tap shoes that I got for 50 cents from a yard sale! YAY!)
- black socks to wear with shoes; optional: black tights AND/OR black tutu/skirt OR red shorts
- Cut parallel to the 8.5 inch side of the black adhesive-backed felt in 4 or more strips.
- Then, horizontally stick the black felt strips to the front of the red leotard.
- If needed, mold the black wings into a rounded shape. And then use a jar or other circular container about 3-inches in diameter and trace around the circular bottle on the paper side of the red adhesive-backed felt, and make 12 circles.
NOTE: I used a bottle of mosaic adhesive, about the size of a small container of rubber cement to illustrate the size of the circles.
- Cut the red felt circles out and stick to the black wings, sides touching through the wings to match up.
- Open the barrette and twist the middle of the black pipe cleaner twice around the base of the black or brown base (or use a barrette in a color to match the lady bug lady's hair). Mold the black pipe cleaner into two even antennas- see picture for form or make a more spiral-like fun design!
- Gear up the Little Lady Bug for some pictures then treating!
By Erin R.
October 30, 20100 found this helpful
How cute! Could you pretty please share a photo of the wee one wearing it?
November 1, 20100 found this helpful
So adorable, Erin! If I could give two thumbs up I most certainly would! Thanks a bunch for posting the photo of you're lady bug daughter! :-)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 3:09:48 PM on 10.0.1.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us