Use Old Silverware For Curtain Tiebacks

I wanted some unusual tie-backs for my curtains. I like old oak furniture and countryish stuff. So I had the idea to take two beautiful old silverplated spoons that I owned and I bent them back into a "U" shape. I then drilled through the spoons into the window trim and had a beautiful and unique tie-back set.

The spoons also made me think of my grandmother. Before doing this, the spoons just sat in an old chest and were never used. Larger soup spoons can be used for bigger windows. Also, make sure before you bend the spoons which side of the spoon you want displayed. Some of my very old spoons have interesting "bowls" on them and that is the part I like to show. Usually I like the engraved or decorated handles to show.

By Janet from Brant Rock, MA

Comment

old silverware
Crafts Using Old Silverware
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenJuly 14, 2008
old silverware
Uses for Old Silverware
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Frugal Curtain Tiebacks
Frugal Curtain Tiebacks
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 4:31:39 PM on 10.0.0.253 in 362 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.