Make A Craft Tool Pocket

I retired and have to keep busy, so I crochet, knit, and embroider. I was always looking for my scissors, or crochet hook.

I crocheted a 12 inch granny square out of leftover yard. I folded it in half, and closed the ends, forming a big pocket. I angled the empty roll from toilet tissue (close to 45 degrees) in the center, and stitched on both sides so it would remain angled.

I fastened this to the arm of my chair, just tied it on, so it would not slip. Fasten it so the angled tube will hold your scissors so you can easily grab them and return them. When my crochet hooks are not in use, I stick them in the crocheted part in front of the scissors.

Now I don't have to wonder where I left scissors or hooks.

By clynnaltemus from Inglis, FL

Hi! This sounds like a good idea. Could you please post any pics? Thanks

Excellent idea! I never would have thought to angle the toilet paper roll. Thanks!

Ball of blue yarn with crochet hook.
Crochet Tips and Tricks
Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 10, 2010
Crocheted hippo baby hat next two three colors of yarn and a crochet hook
Understanding Crochet Patterns and Abbreviations
Crochet Outfits for Polly Pocket Dolls
Crochet Outfits for Polly Pocket Dolls
Crochet hook resting on striped crocheted blanket
Basic Crochet Abbreviations Chart
Pocket Calendar
Uses for Pocket Calendars