Vegetable Peeler for Removing Prescription Bottle Label Info

The other day I wanted to remove my name and numbers from an empty pill bottle before putting in the recycle bin. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to soak the label off, so I grabbed my vegetable peeler and gave it a couple of swipes, enough to remove all the personal information. Worked like a charm.

Easier than scraping it with a sharp knife, and less dangerous,with crippled /arthritic hands. Hope this helps others.

Source: Just me in a hurry.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

I posted earlier this year and perhaps you could try this. Put water in the pill bottle and put it in the microwave for a few minutes to get the water hot. This will loosen the label and it will peel right off. Nothing else needed. Empty the water out before trying to remove the label so you dont' get burned with the hot water.

In my jurisdiction, recycling prescription bottles is not allowed. Not exactly sure why, might be the privacy issue brought up here, who knows?

Hi mine usually just peels off. However will try peeler when I have a problem. Thanks again

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been trying to figure out a way to quickly remove my personal information so the whole neighborhood doesn't know what meds I take. This worked like a charm, off to the recycling bin.

Health & Beauty Prescription DrugsAugust 15, 2008
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Potato Peeler
Other Uses for Potato Peelers
🎄
🍂