Covering Walls for a Wedding

We are getting married under a pavilion. The problem is that the back of the stage area where we will be standing is just plain ugly. The walls are cracked, the paint is chipping, etc. Any ideas for how I can cover it up?

By Tracey from IL

I once did a Wedding cake for a client that was married in a barn and they decorated with beautiful handmade Quilts. It dressed up the barn and really showcased the craftsmanship of the Quilts.

I have used tulle, you can by it by the bolt, or there are cheaper fabrics as well. Under the tulle you can hang any color christmas light. It is a very romantic affect and photographs well.

Both great ideas. I was thinking draping lace and tacking it up over the worst of the stains/chips. You can also tack up a flower when you tack up the fabric. If there is a bar or something over head, you might be able to hang fabric and strings of floral design from the Dollar Tree.

If it's possible, can someone volunteer to paint the wall white, then perhaps put some stands of flowers and some candles in front? Good luck, and please share a photo of what you decided to do?

White Paper drop cloths are extremely inexpensive. You can find them at Lowe's or Home Depot for about $4 each. They come in very large sizes and when placed on a wall with christmas lights behind them they look pretty good. You could go a step further and place tulle over the top of them. I used them as "curtains" for a room divider in my niece's wedding.

How about pretty king size flat bed sheets taped or tacked up to cover the wall. The sheets could be in your wedding colors and really are not that expensive. Good luck and congratulations how the marriage soon to be.

Weddings DecorationsJanuary 21, 2010
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors