Cleaning Up Hair Ball Off Pillow Top Mattress

Our cats get hair balls, they throw up and this time they did it on the bed. We washed the sheets and mattress cover but it went through to our pillow top we bought from Wal-mart to go over our sleep number bed. The cover says spot clean only. Can anyone recommend a cleaner to use? Thanks for your help. Loveangel

Sherri from Saraland, AL

HYDROGEN PEROXIDE:

Put plain old cheap hydrogen peroxide in a small well-marked spray bottle & simply spray it on the spots, wait while it foams up & does it's thing (about 15 min or so) then blot with a clean white rag & repeat if necessary. (no need to rinse, as it leaves no residue) The peroxide will remove everything ORGANIC, this means it won't remove any dyes in the cat's food, so try to buy a cat food that has no artificial dyes. Peroxide also works for blood, coffee, hot cocoa & red wine stains!

TO PREVENT HAIRBALLS IN CATS: You can simply feed them a bit of canned pumpkin everyday. That is REAL canned pumpkin with no sugar or spices added. It works wonders IF you cat will eat it!

FOR CAT FUR:

I have a cat & I tried both kinds of Lint removers, (the sticky type & the other furry type) & I've found the best thing that works for me is a REGULAR bristle brush (not metal) Either a hair brush or a brush that you'd scrub a floor with... Depending on the situation. I've also found that a plain regular bristle hair brush works to make fleece & berber coats, clothes & sweatshirts look like new again. I had some nice fleece pile extra warm pants that had ugly nasty little balls & lint all over them. I just brushed them (first against the pile, then with the pile) with a regular bristle hairbrush (I bought at the dollar store) & with a little bit of time & elbow grease they looked like new! No more balls, no more lint, no more cat hair!

Here is another type of tip. Vaseline prevents hairballs in cats more efficiently than commercial treatments. A long time ago a vet told me to simply rub a teaspoon on the cat's paw. They lick it off - it collects the hair in its travels and - end of issue. My cats have always immediately taken to this so I leave a small container out and she free grazes as she pleases.

Home and Garden Cleaning BedroomsDecember 16, 2007
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Mattress Cover
Repairing A Plastic Mattress Cover
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎉
🎄