AdviceDecorating

Hanging a Baby Quilt Inexpensively

I am expecting my first child in about a month and have a comforter/quilt that came with the bedding set. I'd like to hang it on the wall as inexpensively as I can. I'm not a seamstress, so actually sewing anything is out. Putting holes in the wall is OK with me.

I have tried to do some searching online and it looks like there are rods, and clips, and things that can be purchased. Thought I'd check with the ThriftyFun community first as you always have great, inexpensive ideas.

Thanks.

By khilde80 from SD

Best Answer

You can buy velcro strips that are sticky backed and will easily grip to fabric and wall with out falling off and they come in various sizes from little to big tasks.

Best Answer

You know the binder clips in black (and now in every other color) clips that stay up or fold down once they are on the paper? Get some pretty colors, put them every few inches, sling one clip down and use the one that is up to go over push pins. Those things are amazing!

Best Answer

I've seen a 2x4 and clothespins (stained or painted to your choice) the 2x4 is nailed to the wall and the clothespins are hot glued to the 2x4.

Are you talking about a crib comforter, right? If so, it won't be big, bulky or heavy and two-sided tape will do the trick. Otherwise, I'd look at tacking decorative upholstery type nails through the blanket and into the wall. Congrats with your new baby!

I had a decorative quilt that I didn't use for bedding. I just used small thin nails and tacked it up where the quilting met. It made small holes but as I wasn't planning on saving it as a heirloom, I didn't mind. When I took it down a year or so later, you could barely tell where I had nailed through.

Check out these different style push pins, some are really beautiful and you can match anything with them!

http://images.g … pins&spell=1

You could also make your own pins using shrinky dinks, you could copy pix of yourself, your hubby, grandparents, etc. at different ages and then shrink them and glue pins on the back and have a customized quilt hanger.

You can get the shrinky dink plastic at Michaels {look in your newspaper for their 40% off coupon on one purchase, always in Portland, OR paper on Thursday's} anyway, Michaels usually charges around $10 for a package of 8-10 sheets---make positive it is the paper to put in your printer.

The shrinky dinks website also sells the paper and has tons of ideas for uses. Would also be cute if you used some drawings you did in kindergarten! lol

http://www.goes … 137&detail=1