AdviceCrafts

Craft Ideas for Teen Guys

Does anyone have any ideas for a craft project a 16 year old male can make? He isn't too crafty but tried to enter things in various categories for a competition he is in each year - kind of like a fair.

Deena from Glendale, Arizona

I came across a site recently with this craft which looks reasonably easy too!

http://www.hgtv  06799_01,00.html

reply to blind_quilterATyahooDOTcom

There is a catalog called S&S Worldwide (www.ssww.com) and they have several single item wood models that look easy to do. I have not used the models, but I have been very satisfied with other products I have ordered from them

In fact, go online and Google "craft catalogs" or "craft supplies". Get every free catalog you can! I thumb through them for ideas that I can rework for my elder-care clients.

He should go to www.craftster.org, he will find a ton of projects. There are heaps of teenage males scattered across all of the craft sections. The things I think he will enjoy the most are reconstructing t-shirts (mainly band shirts) to make them cooler and stencilling images on plain t's. If he wants to sell stencilled t's, they sell for big $ at events like craft fairs to the younger generation.

i think this might fit the bill...

http://makezine.com/projects/

There are lots of cool craft ideas for teens at the library. Or check out the craft section at the local bookstore, there are many books specifically for teens. Also, check out the website for the diy show "Creative Juice", they have both a male and female host who create and craft cool and funky crafts teens would love. Hope this helps!

my 15 yr old son draws, paints, sews. i would say its more important to help him find his passion and do it even if it seems impossible. my son loves to draw hates to paint but got a job doing both and loves it.