WoodworkingCrafts

24 inch Wood Alphabet Patterns

Can any of you either tell me where I can buy a pattern for the 24 inch letters that everyone is cutting out of wood and painting? Or can anyone tell me how I can make a 24 inch letter on my computer so it will print out on multiple sheets and I can put the sheet together to make myself a pattern? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By Cindy

You should be able to just draw the letters. If you draw them yourself, just tape two or three pieces of paper together and you will have a decent size to work with. When you draw them yourself you can make them any style that you want.

Also you could go to the library and look for a book that might have different styles of letters in it. Back in the seventies when we bought our house, we had wanted to have the house number spelled out instead of just the numbers and the people next door spelled the number out on their house while we were in the process of moving in, so that meant we couldn't go and purchase the letters, because they would look the same as the neighbors.

So I went to the library and found a book with all different types of letters in it, so I picked out letters that looked kind of oriental and drew them on paper in the required size and my husband cut them out and painted them black and fastened them to the front of the house. That way we had the number spelled out, but it was at all like the neighbors.

This is a google search that might help. You can find these fairly cheap and then just make them larger. Hope that helps. PBP

https://www.goo  r+alphabet+tiles

I draw my patterns on posterboard then cut them out. It's really easy to trace them on wood.