Shelly Girl

Hello- this is 'Shelly Girl'. She was my friend's dog who sadly passed away very recently.

This is what Bea, my friend from Texas- wrote about Shelly: 'She was the very first thing that I had that was mine alone, when I was sick, 3 1/2 years ago, she was right there by my side, literally. Ray, my husband, couldn't get her outside to go potty, he had to pick her up and make her go and she went right back to my door and waited for him to open it. I rescued her from the Humane Society for Animals and you should have seen her.

She was a Cairn Terrier about 6 month's old and she was shaking like a leaf. I saw her and our eyes locked and I just knew I wasn't leaving there without her. The minute they put her in my arm's she stopped shaking and started licked me.

Anyway, there are so many things I could tell you about her, but the most remarkable thing that comes to mind is one night Ray was laying on the couch and his blood sugar dropped too low and he couldn't get to me, he was too weak. Shelly came to my bedroom door and barked and barked until I got up to check and she ran to the living room and over to the couch and that's when I found Ray, almost unconscious. She saved his life.

She never got to have puppies of her own, but Ray had a female cat that had kittens and she would herd them like sheep in the backyard to make sure they didn't get too far away. Poppy (the mother cat) just layed in the sunshine and let Shelly take care of them.

She was a wonderful pet and I miss her so very much. Thank you for listening."

Shelly Girl - Cairn Terrier

By Monique and Bea

She sound like a very good dog that cared a lot about you & your husband. Take Care.

OMG I'm crying! What a wonderful dog. How old was she & why did she die?

That is a wonderful story.......pets are so loving and devoted.....Sorry for you loss, love never ends.....

She sounded like a wonderful family member. Sorry to hear about your loss. She will always be in your thoughts and heart.

What a sweet story, and what precious memories you have of your friend. I'm so sorry that she is gone but I know she'll live forever in your heart.

what a happy and sad story,i lost a pet i loved so much also.

We also rescued a Cairn terrier. Someone tied her to a fence and our girls found her while walking home from school. She was an adult - don't know how old. We named her Carrie, and had her about 10 years. Everything she did was cute and loving, and I grieved for her as I never had for any other pet. Is that sweet nature part of the breed?

Photos Pets DogsSeptember 7, 2005
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dutch Girl Costume
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll
🎄