Craft: Romantic Stationery

Add a romantic touch to stationery and envelopes you already have, using paper doilies.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

• stationery and envelopes of your choice
  • square or rectangular paper doilies
  • glue stick
  • scissors

Cut the corners off of the paper doilies. Use the glue stick to apply glue to the back of the corners. Press onto the top of the stationery and also onto the flap of the matching envelope.

By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC

Lavender stationery with doily added to paper and envelope.

I love your idea - it's really beautiful- but where did you get the stationery? All you can find in the Norfolk area is note cards. Even card shops like Hallmark and American Greetings no longer carry stationery. I know because I've been trying to find some for months.

We have a small printery in town that sells office supplies and I found tons of their surplus stationary from orders selling cheap. I bought quite a bit of pastels like pink and green! Envelopes were there also to match!

What an easy, gorgeous way to dress up plain paper and envelopes! I go to places where they sell cards, often they have excess envelopes which they sell in bundles. As for the paper, I would try using just white paper and envelopes and with say food coloring, dab color on the edges of the doilies and let dry, then glue. Just a tinge so you can see them on the white, or if you have watercolor(just one of those little pallets of 8 colors they sell for kids in say a dollar store. Then you have the fun of mixing your own colors!

what a great idea! Also it takes me to thinking of using these doilies for stenciling.....

LOVELY idea! Thanks a bunch. : )

A Valentine's day craft.
Valentine's Day Craft Ideas
Crafts PaperFebruary 6, 2008
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box
Making Stationary Gift Sets
Making Stationery Gift Sets
finished lantern with tea light on
Making a Valentine's Day Jar Candle Holder