Shop in Small Animal Section for Bird Toys and Treats

If you have parrots, which I do, I find that the toys and treats are very expensive! What I started doing, at the suggestion of my breeder, is to look in the hamster/gerbil/rodent section at Petco/Petsmart. The toys and chewing sticks are usually much cheaper. My Congo African Grey, Scout, loves the chewing sticks that are made for gerbils and they are cheaper when replacing the toys after their eventual destruction.

Caution; Watch bells/noisemakers and check the overall quality of the toy before letting your bird play with it. Small toenails can get caught in bells. As far as treats go, many "small animal" treats are bird-safe, but read the label - check the ingredients, do your research. Brown's makes some great small animal treats that I often buy for my birds.

Happy bird-keeping!

Source: My breeder, LMC Aviary, out of Missouri

By Jenni from Lincoln, NE

You can also go on ebay look for bird toys you will find all the makings to make your own toys.make sure that when you buy some things that is died they use food grade dies. I also buy baby toys you can also cut some madrona it takes them longer to brake apart. Into pieces that fit you bird make sure you drill a hole in them and let them dry in the sun and take the bark off.I also buy the plastic chain at home depot and two connectors and hang one from the ceiling and one to the play pin and the hanging play pin. you can make that out of pvc pipe schedule 40 and some fittings and drill holes in it to hang toys from do not glue it. It will stay together go online for some ideas to make your own toys and play pins

for about 1/8 of the price.

Photos Pets OtherJuly 23, 2010
Animal Print Heels
Wearing Animal Prints
Toddler with ball.
Inexpensive Toddler Toys
Cat in Animal Shelter
Things to Donate to Animal Shelters
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts
🎄