Ideas for Using Old Photos at a Birthday Party

What can I do with an old photo of my mom when she was a little girl to use it as a decoration for 80th birthday party?

Cathy from South Pasadena

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Why not just in a nice picture frame on the guest book table or on the cake table if you are having either?

A photo tree would be nice to use because the pictures would be so visible; you can purchase them at any craft store or... you could take a large mirror and stick the smaller pictures along the side of the inside of the mirror; it depends on how many pictures you have; a votive candle holder with flowers could be set in the middle of the mirror; larger pictures could be set on a small table with a pretty tablecloth on it; put pictures randomly on the table; place a pretty candle holder with candle with a small group of flowers in a small vase in the center of the table for a pretty accent. You could also use some of the individual's small personal items to accent the table.

A photo tree would be nice to use because the pictures would be so visible; you can purchase them at any craft store or......You could take a large mirror and stick the smaller pictures along the side of the inside of the mirror; it depends on how many pictures you have; a votive candleholder with flowers could be set in the middle of the mirror; larger pictures could be set on a small table with a pretty tablecloth on it; put pictures randomly on the table; place a pretty candleholder with candle with a small group of flowers in a small vase in the center of the table for a pretty accent. You could also use some of the individual's small personal items to accent the table

Hi, I scanned a photo (age 6) of my Husband for his 50th Birthday Party and used it as the front of the invitation & the back had the time, date, rsvp etc. information. Then, I used photos of him from baby to adulthood {with his children} with captions added in a LARGE frame with the numbers "50" in LARGE print above them. We still get a chuckle from it 2 years later. Hope this helps...

I would blow the picture up to poster size and put it on the wall behind the guest of honor's chair. Or see if your local photo shop can put it on paper placemats or napkins for all the guests.

Use a COPY of that photo, of course. You can take it to some large stores who have a machine to use frosting like in a computer printer, to spray the image onto the cake.

For my wifes 50th birthday, I purchased an autograph frame. It is a photo frame designed for her guests to sign. Everyone loved it and she has a great keepsake . You just put the picture in and then after the party put it in the frame. You can find these at Jo anne fabrics or Michael's craft stores.

If you have a computer and printer at home with scanning you can make your own invitations with the photo as the front of it and you can buy sticker and card stock to print the photo on them. You can also take the photo to a print shop and they can make all kinds of things for your party with the photo. For my Mother's 70th Birthday, I made a memory Quilt for her.

I had each family member make a 14x14 square to represent them so my mom knew who's square it was, Then I put them all together along with photos of my dad and my mom and ones of her poodles she had and gave her the quilt for her big gift at a surprise party. She still has the quilt on her bed. Only problem you might have is it took me about 8 months to get the family members to do their squares,

I stayed up two days to get the quilt together and done in time for the party as my family members only finished giving me the squares 4 days before the party. Or you could as part of the activities at the party have everyone do a quilt square there and then take it somewhere if you don't sew and have them put the quilt together for you and then give it to your mom later as a reminder of her party.

Hope my ideas help you.

Patti

You can email me if you would like, just email at the following froggypjs10 AT hotmail.com I will be trying to send a picture also of my mom with the quilt at her party for you to see.

Good Luck.

Answer

Picture of a colored paper cut into flower shapes and strung together.
Homemade Birthday Party Decorations
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJuly 15, 2008
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 10:30:40 PM on 10.0.2.19 in 545 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.