Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

How do I remove kerosene odor from cotton clothing?

By margob from Elkins, WV

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

August 22, 2009 Flag

My partner was using kerosene on pistons while rebuilding a car engine and now his clothes smell of kerosene. Can anyone help? Natural products preferred please.

Thank you.
LAMBCHOP from Western Australia

Answers:

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

I don't know if you have Borateem or borax in the grocery in Australia, but that is what I use to get gas out of my husband's clothes. It also helps to dry them outside, sometimes for a few days. Use 1/2 cup borax, the usual amount of soap, and the hottest water you can use. (09/15/2006)

By Carla B.

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

Try rubbing baking soda into the fabric. And put vinegar into the wash and rinse. (09/17/2006)

By JMRoss

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

Thanks for the replies. I have found eucalyptus oil to do the job really well. Place 5-10 ml in your fabric dispenser. Fill up with water to full level and wash as usual. The smell of kerosene is gone for good. (09/30/2006)

By LAMBCHOP

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A colorful stack of new clothing.
Removing Chemical Odors From New Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingAugust 22, 2009
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Blue Kerosene Bottle
Cleaning Kerosene Spilled in a Car
Kerosene
Using Kerosene for Stains
Kerosene Heater
Using a Kerosene Heater
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:56:13 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.