Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

How do I remove kerosene odor from cotton clothing?

By margob from Elkins, WV

Answer

My partner was using kerosene on pistons while rebuilding a car engine and now his clothes smell of kerosene. Can anyone help? Natural products preferred please.

Thank you.
LAMBCHOP from Western Australia

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

I don't know if you have Borateem or borax in the grocery in Australia, but that is what I use to get gas out of my husband's clothes. It also helps to dry them outside, sometimes for a few days. Use 1/2 cup borax, the usual amount of soap, and the hottest water you can use. (09/15/2006)

By Carla B.

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

Try rubbing baking soda into the fabric. And put vinegar into the wash and rinse. (09/17/2006)

By JMRoss

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

Thanks for the replies. I have found eucalyptus oil to do the job really well. Place 5-10 ml in your fabric dispenser. Fill up with water to full level and wash as usual. The smell of kerosene is gone for good. (09/30/2006)

By LAMBCHOP

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A colorful stack of new clothing.
Removing Chemical Odors From New Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingAugust 22, 2009
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Blue Kerosene Bottle
Cleaning Kerosene Spilled in a Car
Kerosene
Using Kerosene for Stains
Kerosene Heater
Using a Kerosene Heater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 22, 2016 at 11:38:38 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 231 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.