Sleeping in Summer Heat

When summer comes, and it is *hot*, those of us who either do not have central air or don't want to shock ourselves with a huge power bill but cannot sleep due to the unforgiving heat and humidity, here is a tip.

Keep your sheets in a bag in the freezer until just before you retire for the night. (Clean sheets, of course) About 20 minutes before bedtime, make up your bed, if you have a fan that turns, keep it in your bedroom. By the time you lie down, it'll be cooler and you just may find some comfort from that heat. I have lived in rural NC where the humidity is just draining, and this DOES help.

By KLS8800 from North Carolina

just wanted to add to your nice tip

that, if your refrigerator has an ice maker - fill a pan with ice cubes & place in front of the fan -- nice effect !

Ceiling fans do wonders also.

In the summer I freeze a gallon of water in a plastic jug. At night I put a little fan by my bed and the frozen water bottle infront of it. It helps blow cool air on me at night and at least reduces the temperature long enough for me to fall sleep comfortably. Make sure you put a towel under it though to not damage furniture. (I live in a really old house and refer to it as "camping." It is perpetually hot in the summer and freezing in the winter.)

Better Living Green Living ConservationJanuary 13, 2006
An orange cat in heat.
How Often Can a Cat be in Heat?
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Above Ground  Swimming Pool
Saving Energy on Swimming Pools
🎄