Stain on My Floor Mat

I have stain on the carpet floor mat in my 2006 SUV. It was caused by a small bottle of air freshener which leaked and left a red stain, I think it must have been a red dye used to color this liquid. Is there any way to remove this stain or should I just replace the mat for $110? Hoping there is a cheaper solution.

Sindi from Phoenix, AZ

There are several products that are specific ly for red stains.

One is called Wineout and can be purchased in a Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things store.

You may also want to check out Linda Cobbs web site for other ideas.

I know of no product that will really remove the stain completely. Once you have either gotten the stain out or significantly redused the appearance, go out and buy a cheap set of vynl floor mats. You can usually get these at the Family Dollar store or Big Lots for less than $10 for a 4 piece set. Put them over the factory carpet mats. This will reduce the wear on your factory ones and protect them from further stains. I know, because I have done that in my Mercedes. Don't bother buying a new one as sure as you do you will have a "new" stain on that one to contend with! Hope this helps!!!

Spot Shot can be bought at Wal-Mart. Comes in a spray can and I have never seen any stain it can't remove.

Have you considered brushing the right color dye on top of the stain?

I also vote for SPOT SHOT! I'd probably spray and blot the stain numerous times until it's gone.......then hose off the mat outdoors (or in your shower stall or bathtub.) I clean my beige carpet car mats by rolling them slightly and setting them in a tall bucket that has some Tide and lots of hot water. Rinse them VERY well and let drip/air dry outdoors.

Even if you don't get stain all the way out or it looks

real bad, spending $110.00 sounds price-y and not

thrifty. I put clear mats over my car mats for new

minivan. I got these clear mats at wal mart and

were very inexpensive and having two doggies

on the road, knocking over sodas they have paid

for themselves within first week!

Try replacing your mats with the rubber all-weather type available at most "big box" stores. They don't get stains and clean easily with a hose.

just spray on some hairspray and let it soak in and then rub off with damp cloth.should work!

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoMay 8, 2006
Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Wood Floor Stain Color
Wood Floor Stain Color Advice
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄