KitchenCleaning

Stickiness on Kitchen Floor

Category Kitchen

Hi, No matter what we try, we cannot get rid of the stickyness on the kitchen floor. It is linoleum and we've tried coat after coat of everything from soapy water to PineSol, and nothing works. What can you suggest?

Lisa

Hi,

I work for an old man who spills a lot on his kitchen floor. You could feel your shoes sticking to it. No more.

I used vinegar in hot water and its made an amazing difference.

Hope this helps you :)

If it is glue coming through the floor try using lighter fluid. I had a tile floor installed and the glue came up between the cracks. The installer said to wipe with a rag dipped in lighter fluid. The glue came right up. As you should know its extremly flamable so be careful and clean with a soap solution afterwards.

The stickiness may be from built up floor wax, or grime. Clear ammonia is very good for removing this, and it's very inexpensive. Just follow the directions on the bottle.

Lisa,

The stickyness is very common if you have a gas stove or fry a lot. I found that vinegar is great for cutting the grease. Just add some to your normal cleaning solution. I use about a 1/2 cup with a bucket of water and find it cuts the grease really well.

- Susan

If it is glue try using W-D 40 on the spots where it is sticky. If it is all over then try the Ammonia. It should

do the trick.

I agree with Susan and the gratewun and would try vinegar first. If that doesn't work, I would try Goo Gone. It's made to "eliminate greasy, sticky problems." We've had great success with it. If that doesn't work, I might try Greased Lightening with caution. It is a harsher product but really conquers any type of grease.

Good luck!