My Daughter Is Starting To Date

My daughter is starting to date. Do you know how I can help with this milestone in life?

Lola D. from Denver, CO

Give her a cell phone. Always keep up with where she is at & who she is hanging out with.

Make sure she knows the "facts of life" such as never driving with someone who is drinking, you will always come get her in any situation in which she feels unsafe-i.e. party where there is alcohol, over "eager" boy, other rules and values you wish her to have. Tell her she can always use you as an excuse if she is being pressured to do something she is uncomfortable with, i.e. My mom will kill me if I...drink, go to so and so's house when the parents are away, get sexually involved at this point in my life... There are lots of books for teens on dating advice. A great way to deal with a curfew so you don't have to wait up for her is to set an alarm clock where you can hear it, i.e. outside your bedroom, at her curfew time. You can then go to bed if you like. When she gets home, she is to turn the alarm clock off. If the clock does go off, you know she isn't home from her date by her curfew and you can deal with that issue. Last but not least, pray a lot!!!!!

Buy her a promise ring to remind her to stay pure. Along with a talk will show her you love her and care about her!

We cannot always be asured who what and where our daughters are going to be. So with ours daughters we explained asked them to tell us what they knew about sex. And if they were mis informed we told them the truth about everything we knew from sexual information that would of been damaging and if she got drunk if we needed to come and pick her up we would not discuss it that night but the next day. We even signed a contract regarding what was and was not acceptable behavior. When our middle daughter became 17 she told us she was thinking about be sexual active and wanted to get birth control we did not agree but she knew enough that she did not want any babies at her age. She is now 25 and she stilll does not want children . And our oldest is married and our youngest also is married. All 3 adults Our children will always find ways to do what they want to even if we dont want them to do it. So it is best to be well informed and ready.

My daughters are now adults and were never in trouble with drugs or alchol thank GOD

Parenting Teen DatingDecember 9, 2006
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Mother Daughter Tea
Planning a Mother Daughter Tea
A finger with a pink bow tied on it.
Save-The-Date Ideas